Monday, April 03, 2006

Thankful


Today we are thankful for:

1. A great first day at the new store for Mr. P. All went smoothly, the crew seems friendly, and almost all of them have small children. So, there is a sense of identification with others at work that he hasn't really had in the past.

2. A good day for myself and the littles. Miss is having trouble, at times, with her new surroundings and the distinct lack of grandparental attention, but surprises me at other times with her patience. She was a dream child at Toys R Us . . . talking with all of the toys and stuffed animals, as if she fully expected them to respond, and yet was completely willing to say "bye-bye" to them and leave the store empty handed. She was, however, *not* a dream child later in the day when she decided that her paint-with-water book should only be arranged in a CERTAIN way on the table. Master is a mixed bag these days as well -- still as smiley, snuggly and eat-him-up sweet as ever, but apparently having acquired a honing device that causes him to crawl in the direction of any electrical wire and immediately stick it in his mouth. Me: "No wires, no, no, no!" Master: *Grin* giggle, giggle. All in all, the sweet and good outweighs the exasperating.

3. A beautiful day here in the Twin Cities. Sunny, clear, and just gorgeous. It is so fun to watch Spring springing, without having had to endure the winter (this time).

4. The opportunity for all of us to have dinner together, and then for Mr. and I to have some relaxational time after the kids went to bed.

5. The realization that #4 will be happening *every night* for the next few weeks, before the new store opens and Mr.'s schedule turns weird again.

6. The new playground being built just across from our apartment. Miss saw evidence of the construction today, and asked me if the squirrels were going to be the ones building it. I told her that some men will probably do the work, and she said, "Oh, and I will say thank you to them. And they will say 'you're welcome!' and I will be sooooo happy!"

And lastly,

7. Miss and Master are thankful for the many mirrored closet doors in our apartment (by far their favorite feature of our new digs).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Mrs. P,

Please tell Miss P. that Grandma P. definitely agrees with her, that the squirrels are indeed building the playground across the street. I hope you will tell her to add my thanks to them when they are finished! Actually, if I could, I would give them a hug myself, loving squirrels as I do. As for Master P., tell him that Grandma P. is anxiously awaiting time to see him look at himself in your mirrored doors. Love to you all, and "God Bless Us, Every One"!