Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Sweet, Normal Day




Today was one of the best we've had since arriving in the Twin Cities, and we did nothing special or out of the ordinary. It was just one of those days when the children seemed especially sweet, the weather was beautiful, the birds were singing, and bunnies were hopping through the lawn in front of our apartment. The little peanuts and I had a wonderful morning together. We went through our normal routine and I was even able to *gasp* vacuum the entire apartment! The three of us then went on a little drive and met Mr. Daddy Peanut for lunch. We had a lovely time at the Panera Bread, where the littles were cooperative and jolly. Miss sang "A spoonful of Sugar" (with gusto) most of the way home.

After arriving back in the apartment, both little ones took good naps, and then *spit spot* we were off to the playground for some fun on the slides and swings. One of the highlight moments of the day came when Miss happily left the playground at my bidding, without so much as a whimper. We came back to the apartment for a little play time, and then happily greeted Mr. as he returned from work. After a lovely dinner of leftovers, we blew bubbles in the kitchen, and took a stroll around the apartment complex before bedtime.

Of course, there were a few challenges today (as there are every day), but it was an overwhelmingly happy day around here. I am so glad that God gives us days like this . . . days when I can see progress in the children, days when I feel like maybe we're doing a few things right, days that encourage me to keep *doing* this mothering job with all my heart.

Looking forward to what tomorrow brings . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Peanut,

I hope that the future is filled with many happy days just like yesterday. Please send me some pictures of the trees! I want to see what they look like around your complex. Most of all, please give the two little peanuts my fondest love, with a hug and kiss. I love them so much, as I do you, and Mr. Peanut.

Love, Grandma G,