Friday, April 14, 2006

Sick Day


When I was a little girl, and I was sick, my mom would always make me a special bed on the couch. And, if I was sick to my stomach, she would bring me 7-up in a special cup (with a straw) and some saltines. That was always the one good thing about being sick. It made me feel especially cozy and loved. Today, Miss was suffering from her cold, and so I made her a special bed this afternoon and let her watch her beloved "Meet the Orchestra" DVD. ("Oooooo . . . the percussion section!") She seems to love the special bed on the couch as much as I did, and I believe that I spent some of my sick days underneath the very same quilt that she is using in this picture.

Fortunately, Miss and Master were not so sick today that we couldn't
enjoy . . .

Watching Master continue to hone his pulling-up skills. He is enjoying himself greatly, and we are busy with trying to catch him before he falls and whacks his head on the furnishings.



A lovely tea party, with Miss's favorite books serving as a table:



A short walk on a beautiful spring day (we even spotted some deer visiting a little pond on the property adjoining our apartment complex):



All in all, not a bad day . . . even with runny noses and sore throats. There are blessings, small and great, all around us.

No comments: