Monday, April 10, 2006

Alone Time


While Mr., Miss and Master were off with the Grandparents today, I found myself with some time alone. I honestly can't remember the last time that I was alone. Without the children. By myself. It. Was. Very. Nice.

For approximately three hours this morning, I had no responsibilities . . . and no one to take care of. I had a difficult time deciding what to do with myself. Should I sleep? Take a walk? Go shopping? Clean the apartment? Iron (heaven forbid)? In the end, I decided to peruse the aisles at Target for a while, and then traveled on to Barnes and Noble for a grande skim mocha and quiet reading time. The whole experience was very relaxing, and I felt quite rejuvenated and ready to see the littles again when they returned from their adventures with Daddy, Grandma and Grandad.

In fact, despite my enjoyment of my free and easy morning, I felt no sense of loss when it came to an end. Time alone is something that I used to take for granted. Ironically, though, when I had a lot of time alone I used to spend it daydreaming about how wonderful it would be to have a *baby*. I refuse to be that person who can never be content with her life -- the person who can't seem to stop gazing over the fence, looking for greener grass. The life I have now is the one I have always wanted to have, and I wouldn't trade it for all of the grande skim mochas and leisurely mornings in the world.

No comments: