Sunday, April 02, 2006

On Our Own

Tomorrow, Mr. Peanut will begin working again. Though we have been in the midst of a major move and all of the stress that entails, we have really enjoyed being together for a solid week. He has helped with the children, helped cook the meals, helped unpack the boxes, and helped keep me sane.

Tomorrow, the kids and I will be on our own for the first time. For the past two years (and the entirety of Master's life), we have been living near our families. Ready and willing grandparents were just a phone call and a short drive away. That safety net doesn't exist here in the Twin Cities. Without a church family or any friends in the area, we are truly on our own right now. The thought is a bit daunting, to say the least. I remind myself, though, that God goes before me, even in the mundane tasks of everyday life. I remind myself, also, that the work I am about to do is not simply mundane. It is the amazing opportunity to be with my children . . . to teach them, play with them, and laugh with them every day.

Tomorrow, we will be trying to add some new structure to our every day routine. The little peanuts and I will begin exploring the surrounding areas on our own. We will attempt a trip to Toys R Us (*gulp*), in order to purchase a bath seat for Master. We will view it all as an adventure, and will vow to keep a sense of humor about it all.

But, tomorrow, we will miss Mr. P, and we'll rush to the door when he comes home again.

No comments: