Thursday, May 11, 2006

Today I'm Wondering . . .

*What exactly is it that our neighbors upstairs are *doing*? Seriously. Could they be bowling? Racing each other from one end of the apartment to the other? Step aerobics? Tae Bo? We will never know the answer to this pressing question, but we will look forward to living in a single family home. I'm all for neighbors, but I think I'd like to have my own four walls.

*Where does the energy of a three year old come from? If I would allow it, Miss Peanut would spend the entire day running around on the playground. She never tires of climbing on the equipment, sliding down the slide, swinging on the swing, and running to and fro. Even in the apartment, she spends a *lot* of time dancing, jumping, running, and rolling around with Master. I have said it before, and I declare it here again -- I will someday write a book called The Toddler Diet. I will instruct people to spit out three fourths of their food and run around like a maniac all day long. It is no wonder that Miss does not have a weight problem.

*Why does Master insist on biting me as though he were a little puppy? Miss never did this. Master loves to bury his face in my shoulder and then *CHOMP* -- take a bite out of me. He enjoys doing the same thing to my legs when I'm sitting on the sofa. OUCH. I have scolded him for this and given his mouth a little (very little) smack. He looks at me as though he is deeply hurt and cries as though his heart is broken, but then he proceeds to bite me again at the next opportunity. Yeesh. I know that he will eventually catch on to the fact that this is unacceptable. But in the meantime, have I mentioned *OUCH*??

*Could anything ever possibly be as cute as watching Miss play with her Daddy? Some of the games they play together have become long standing traditions in our household, and it is so fun to watch them make each other laugh. How wonderful it is that she can have both of us in her life, and that her Daddy can give her the special attention that only a father can provide. And, if it weren't for Daddy, she wouldn't be able to touch the ceiling or try the monkey bars.

No comments: