Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's August, and I'm Nervous . . .

No, not nervous about the mortgage payments, the arrangement of furniture, or the stairs down which Master may plummet.

Rather, I am getting more and more worried about our lack of preparedness for the cold months ahead. I don't know what brought on this concern. Perhaps it is the 'Back to School' advertisements, or the aisles and aisles of pee-chees and protractors at Target. But I'm suddenly realizing that Fall will soon be upon us, and the littles have *no* cold-weather clothes. I have a few things for myself . . . but really not enough to make it through the winter.

Our new home is near Lake Nokomis. We drove by this beautiful lake this evening, and admired the lush, green grass and beautiful leafy trees along its shoreline.

Here is a picture of the Lake Nokomis area in the wintertime:


I am seriously considering purchasing a coat that looks like this:

Yes, we lived in Chicago for three years, but I have the distinct feeling that I'll be spending a lot more of my time outdoors this winter, due to the enthusiasm of a certain three year old for snowballs and snowmen.

I guess I'd better get shopping. Consignment shops of the Twin Cities, here come the Peanuts.

No comments: