Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Father's Day

To The Peanut Gallery's favorite fathers:and
and, of course,

Mr. Peanut and I were both blessed to grow up with fathers who loved us, encouraged us, provided for us, and led us spiritually.

Someday, my children will say the same about their Daddy. Who can ask for more than someone who:

  • Will go down the slides on the playground with you,
  • Will change your diapers and bathe you,
  • Will watch Veggie Tales with you (and laugh harder than you do),
  • Will dance around the living room with you to the vocal stylings of Johnny Cash,
  • Will read with you every day,
  • Will *always* share his Jamba Juice with you,
  • And, will work so hard to provide you with all that you need?
Daddy (or, as Master would say, Da-Da-Da-Da-DAAAAAA) is very much loved around here. I am thankful for the perspective that he always seems to give me about what is most important in this adventure of parenting. Whenever I am overly concerned about something inconsequential, he helps me to re-focus and recall the essence of our mission in raising our children. From Mr. I have learned the importance of taking a step back and asking the question, "Why are we doing this, anyway?"

I ran across this quote (appropriately enough, from a Minnesota baseball player), and it immediately reminded me of Mr.:

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew


Mr., Papa, and Grandad, thanks for all you bring to all of the Peanuts' lives.

No comments: