Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I Apologize in Advance

I've never had a job that was quite this boring, but I have had a few boring ones, and a couple that involved cubicles.

The worst job ever, though, was that of ride operator at Knott's Berry Farm. Girl Scout type uniform with red knee-high socks. Children throwing up on rides and proving that they weren't *quite* finished with the potty training. I would probably have a lot more sympathy for those littles now, but I was seventeen and *far* from motherhood at the time.

Second-worst job was that of Public Safety dispatcher for the City of Norwalk.

"Station One to Adam One."

"Go Ahead."

"We have someone parked on their lawn at 12XXX Lyndale Ave. Please Respond."

"10-4."

Ah, the glamorous life of law enforcement. Every day was like an episode of Alias.

Reliving these memories makes me oh-so-happy to be pursuing a much higher calling these days. *Grin*

No comments: