Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Good First Day

After a wonderful experience attending Community Bible Study in California last year, the little Peanuts and I were eagerly anticipating joining another CBS group here in the Twin Cities. It was a bit disheartening to find that there are no groups meeting within the Cities themselves, but we decided to venture out to the burbs in order to find a class.

Today was our first day attending the Minnesota version of CBS. Almost every aspect of our day was better than expected. The drive to the church was only about 20 minutes long, Miss loved her class (as expected), and Master loved his class (very much unexpected). In fact, I was informed by the teacher that he was *very* good and did not cry! I was shocked, stunned, and overjoyed. Little Master Man has had very little experience with babysitters over the course of the past six months, since we don't know anyone in the Twin Cities well enough to leave our children with them. And so, his good behavior today was an answer to prayer if there ever was one. I know he may not maintain the same attitude all year, but it was *so* very nice to have the first day go well.

I enjoyed my core group meeting, and am looking forward to studying the Scriptures in-depth again. I am very much in need of structure in order to really get the most out of my personal study, and so I am very thankful for CBS and their amazing children's programs that make it so easy for someone in my situation to attend.

PS -- Look who is 3 and a HALF as of yesterday!

No comments: