Saturday, March 03, 2007

With Piles of Snow in the Yard . . .

What have we been doing?

We have been . . . .

Reading:

For the Littles:

Uncle Elephant by Arnold Lobel

Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes

Doggies by Sandra Boynton

Along with a *lot* of Winnie the Pooh from various books. These stories are Master's current favorite. He runs around the house repeating "Pooh! Teeeger! PoohTeeeeeeger! Pooh! Teeger!"

For Me:

A fascinating article:

How Not to Talk to Your Kids: The Inverse Power of Praise by Po Bronson

As my children's current and future teacher, this information on the effect of praising provides much food for thought.


Playing:

Cranium Hullabaloo

Miss's favorite thing to do right now is to set this up and play on the basement floor. It is beyond fun for her, and Master tries, in a very cute way, to participate with the rest of the family.

Listening:

For the Littles:


Frog and Toad Audio Collection

I loved this as a kid, and it is fun to see my little ones enjoying it, as well.

Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem and More

And, of course, the never-ending soundtrack inside Miss's brain.

For Me:

Beautiful and Treacherous Thing by The Spares

And, because of Mr.'s latest interest . . . a lot of Gram Parsons. Which I am enjoying, by the way.


And, Laughing:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Peanut,
I am getting some much needed refreshment after the nephews of the Peanuts have retired!! I was wondering--I check multiple times a day on your blogs, but this one from March 3 just showed up today. Did you enter it on March 3? Just wondering!

Miss you all!
Love, Grandma Greer Peanut

Anonymous said...

Hey, we're reading Frog and Toad and Uncle Elephant too! Plus Grasshopper on the Road! (The back cover provides inspiration for our budding enthusiast).

I read this article by Alfie Kohn about saying good job (or more accurately NOT saying it) and found it dascinating:
http://www.alfiekohn.org/parenting/gj.htm

Hope your weather is starting to warm up!

Anonymous said...

Love the article on inverse power of praise! I love good research! I've struggled with the whole praise/affirmation/self esteem thing with my background as a teacher-and-social-worker-turned stay-at-home-mommy! Great article!! Backs up some of the stuff I'm learning about God-centered and biblical praise and affirmation! I got to your page through Joy Folken's Blog:-) You can visit mine through her page too!