Thursday, March 29, 2007

Some Sun and Some Rain

A day at the park
The weather made the kids giddy. Master tried on Miss's shoes. Miss tried on my flip-flops. Yes, that is Angels gear Master is wearing. No, Mr. had nothing whatever to do with it, and was not home when I dressed the little guy.

This week brought our first warm temperatures and Spring-like days. We are now caught in the midst of several days of Spring rains, but we enjoyed the warmth while it lasted. We were able to visit our local park as a family, we were able to wear shorts, and were able to meet up with friends at Minnehaha Falls to enjoy a day with temps in the 80's!! We had to break out the sunscreen. I am appreciating the change in temperature, big time.

I cannot wait for full-on summer so that we can walk out the door without outerwear, and we can wear sandals. Oh how I love my flip-flops. How I longed for them these long winter months. How lonely they have looked, languishing in the back of my closet. Their day is coming. It is almost here. I can feel it in the air. The littles were like happy puppies set free to play at the park and in our backyard. They couldn't stop smiling as they ran, jumped, and kicked the soccer ball. It will be great to be able to get out with them again.

Go away, rain! We're ready for more sun . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures of my little grandpeanuts are so cute!! Master looks so big as he stands straight and tall ! I can hardly wait to see you all.

Unknown said...

I had nothing to do with that Angels' outfit...nothing.

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

Hey Stephanie -- This is your old SA co-worker, Anne Erickson. I linked to your blog through Joy Folken. It is so fun to see your kids and to catch a glimpse into your life right now. Steve and I and our little guy, Asher, moved to Duluth last August so we are 'neighbors' now! :) It would be fun to meet up again someday. Where are you in MN? You can check out our blog at http://duluth2414.blogspot.com