Tuesday, January 23, 2007

So, I'm Cold


I have come to realize over that past week that I am almost always feeling cold. I am cold in the house (despite the fact that we set our thermometer at a much higher temperature than most in these here parts). I am beyond cold whilst walking to the car, and I am freezing in the car as it warms up. I try to spend little to no time outside, other than when I am scurrying to the car. Since we returned from our trip to California, we have not seen 30 degrees here in the Twin Cities. I am finding myself avoiding necessary errands. I *need* to go to Walgreens. I *must* purchase some tweezers, because I lost mine on our trip. My eyebrows are beginning to make me look like near-man. Yet, I gaze out upon the snowy landscape, and choose warmth over good grooming.

The latest forecast from The Star-Tribune looks like this:

A weak clipper could brush southwestern Minnesota with a little light snow today...here in the Metro only a dusting is expected by Wednesday morning

A quick warm snap could push highs into the 30s on Friday

More arctic air heading this way...by early next week lows will drop below zero


I love that highs in the 30's constitute a warm snap.

The children, meanwhile, do not mind the cold in the slightest and would frolic in the snow all day if I were game for such activities. In many parenting tasks, I have had to learn to be bold since moving here. I brave the stores and malls with both kids in tow on a regular basis. I handle all parts of our daily routine single-handedly because of Mr.'s varying work schedule. But this, my friends, I am afraid I cannot do. Standing in the snow. Freezing. Watching Miss build snowmen, while repeatedly helping Master return to an upright position after falling face first into the snow because of his top-heavy winter clothing. Yes, I will go outside and play, but only on days when fun Daddy is home to help with these adventures. Maybe by next winter I will have become tougher and stronger.

Or, maybe not.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could fall face forward in the snow with Miss and Mr.Peanut. I know I probably couldn't take it for too long, but it sure would be fun for a time. I love you, little Peanuts...and big Peanuts, too.