Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Long, Long Winter

Well, to say that this post is overdue is more than an understatement, but I've decided to not give up completely on the ol' blog (yet). This year has been the busiest since we moved to Minnesota. Jack joined Corrie as an official student enrolled in the Bascom Homeschool Experiment. Keeping both of them learning, thinking, and reading (while keeping Wesley from dismantling our house) has kept me fairly occupied this year. We are also now involved in two co-ops -- one is a small gathering of moms and kids from our church, and another is a larger, more established group that provides field trips, testing, social gatherings, etc. Both groups have been a blessing, but meeting with the other ladies from our church has been a really wonderful thing for me and the kids this year. I have made some good friends, and so have the kids. My extroverted children are thrilled, and I'm exceedingly thankful.

Here is a photographic run down of the past several months:


In the fall, ready to kick off a new school year.
It was a typically beautiful fall in Minnesota.

We enjoyed it thoroughly . . . the kids loved picking apples and visiting the pumpkin patch.


The snow started in November, and there is still some on the ground today. In fact, we are expecting snow and sleet tonight. It has been a looooong winter. Spring, come soon. Please.
We took a break from the snow in January with a trip to California to see our families. Here's Corrie at the beach with little cousin Katie.
We all got to meet my brother's new baby girl, Emily. She was only two weeks old when we arrived.
We all love her.
The kids loved all the good cousin time.
But, soon enough we were back to this.
And this.
And this. Thankfully, the kids can't get enough of playing in it. Corrie told me this week that snow is the best thing about Minnesota. Gotta love that positive attitude.
I have to admit that my attitude is reflected pretty accurately by Wes in this picture. I love the snow at Christmas time . . . but by late March, I am officially ready for green.
And, to bring you completely up to date, we celebrated Corrie's 8th birthday this week. I'm ever so grateful for her. She fills the house with enthusiasm and make believe, she loves her little brothers somethin' fierce, and she gives me reasons to laugh every day.













3 comments:

Pop said...

I admit that I've had the same reaction as Wes just about every time I've checked for a new blog, so when Mom told me there was a new one up, it made our day! Great pictures too!

Faith Koontz said...

Yay!! I will admit...I still check you blog every day.=) I think I have gone even longer than you with my blog.=) Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon said...

Yay for a post! {excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the floor}

totally feeling the busy homeschool life here -- so glad you're all enjoying good fellowship too!

Love ya!