Monday, December 04, 2006

I Am Doomed


No, not because Master is enamored with the Christmas tree. He is actually doing quite a good job of enjoying it without destroying it. He walks up to it, points to it, says, "Biiiiiiig. Nooooooo." And walks away. So far, so good.

Rather, I am doomed because this same little Master has officially learned to turn doorknobs and open doors. This very day, I saw him do this thing five times in a row in his sister's bedroom. He stood at the door, reached up, turned the knob, smiled, and then closed the door in order to repeat the process. He was practicing (I could tell) for future escapes from my attempts to keep him confined in one room or another. He was thinking, "Ah-ha! I've got her now. There is no stopping me. This house is all mine."

Just when those holiday treats are threatening to pack on the pounds, I will have a new reason to exercise. I will be forced to chase a laughing, squealing boy through the house, tackle him with tickles, and smother him with kisses over and over again throughout the day. I suppose that things could be worse. Let the calorie burn begin!

No comments: