Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Know

I know, I know, I know, I know, I *know*. I haven't blogged for 5 months, and therefore am the biggest blog slacker that every blogged. I also know that this means that no one even checks this site for updates anymore, except for maybe my parents (hi mom and dad!). Here is the Reader's Digest version of the last months: we had several wonderful visits with family and friends, Jack turned 4 (in June), Wes turned 2 (this week), and life is good. The kids are growing, eating a lot, learning, enjoying summer, and generally thriving.

We are now gearing up for the homeschool year with Corrie entering 1st grade, and Jack starting to learn some of the basics. I have placed giant orders for curriculum, and am eagerly awaiting the beautiful rumbly sound of the UPS truck. Joel has been promoted and will be opening a new store, which means we will probably not see much of him until after the holiday season. This is obviously a bummer for the short-term, but a great thing for him (and all of us) for the long term. To top it all off, we have enjoyed a beautiful, cooler-than-usual summer, with a lot of time spent outside and around various lakes. We are thankful. Here are a few snapshots of our days, in no particular order:










6 comments:

Faith Koontz said...

Hooray!! I still check your blog every day!! Does that make me pathetic?=) Thanks for all the fun pictures!

DuPar Family said...

Hey I read it too :) Your kiddos are growing like crazy! Congrats Joel!

Willow said...

I check it occasionally too! :) Take care of yourselves.

Stephanie said...

Yay!! I still have readers!

J. Folken said...

Yea for getting back to the blog! The only thing keeping me going now is that my 3rd child will be left with no record if I don't record it on the blog. ;) Please, please post about the fun homeschooling stuff you are going to do this year! ;)

Grandma Greer said...

Grandma Greer and Grandad are glad to see your latest entry! We also check every day! Love the great pictures!