Monday, March 16, 2009

The First Violin Recital

On March 10, Corrie participated in her first violin recital. She was beyond excited and couldn't wait to get on the stage. My only fear was that she would drop her violin on the way up to the platform, because she was such a bundle of crazy energy. As it turns out, everything went well. The violin was not dropped or harmed in any way, and she did a great job on her piece. The only thing that she forgot was her post-performance bow, which is a shame, because bowing is her specialty. Here is the video of the big moment . . . I apologize for the poor quality, but you can get the general idea.



All of the students with their brave teacher.
Corrie enjoying the post-recital refreshments.

5 comments:

Faith Koontz said...

HOORAY FOR CORRIE!!! Oh how I wish we could have been there!! I am so proud of my sweet niece!=)

Lori said...

Oh my goodness...She's beautiful! Just so sweet. Amazing how big she is! I am in tears! Yay!

josieO said...

Wonderful! I particularly enjoyed the little dance she does at the beginning.

We showed this to Dietrich, and he said, "I wanna watch Corrie playing the drums!"

J. Folken said...

Too precious. It's funny, because we're having a piano recital for Sydney on Saturday. ;)

Sharon said...

you must be sick of that song b/c she played it SO well that she must have practiced A TON! How fun!