Friday, September 19, 2008

Day of Contrasts

Corrie's day began like this:

And ended like this:


She was actually fine this morning, but I think was trying to gain some sympathy and attention. I did enjoy the SOS written on the magna doodle, though. This evening, however, she was able to attend a party at her violin teacher's home, because she was one of four student winners of the "Violin Olympics." This was a competition invented by her teacher in order to motivate students to practice violin over the summer months. As I am the one who practices with her daily, I felt that I should also receive a gold medal and a fairy diary, but instead I settled for a night out with my husband and boys. We ate some fantastic food at a new Himilayan restaurant, took a drive over the new 35W bridge and went to one of our favorite local establishments to end the evening with coffee. And so, in spite of the shaky start, the day ended well for all.

4 comments:

Grandma Greer said...

Such a day for Miss Peanut! We are so proud of her. I loved the note written on the Magna Doodle!

J. Folken said...

Wow, such good handwriting! And I feel your pain, Steph - I correct, coach, and encourage Sydney through practicing the piano every day.

Faith Koontz said...

Hooray for Corrie! Great writing, too!

Gypmar said...

I am:

a. extremely impressed by the magna doodle note. our kids use them to draw "storms."

b. dying to know what you ate at a Himalayan restaurant.