Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Potty Training Fun, Day 2


I am pleased to say that today was a very encouraging day in the potty training realm. The little fellow is already showing much better control, and seems to be catching on to the concept. His sweet voice crying out, "I go POTTY!" and "I tell MOMMY!" does a lot to lighten the mood and remind me of what a treasure he is, even when we must face unpleasant tasks together.

While I have been concentrating on this effort with Master, Miss has had some special bonding time with Daddy. Yesterday, they went to the Children's Museum in St. Paul (one of her absolute favorite destinations) and out to lunch. Today, she provided valuable assistance with lawn mowing and flower watering before Daddy had to depart for work. She has now launched into her role of head cheerleader for her brother's potty progress, and is very sweetly hugging and kissing him whenever he is successful.

This, of course, may be due to the fact that I have allowed her to participate in Master's M&M rewards for a job well done. Hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that success is in the air, and that Miss is being so sweet to her little brother!

J. Folken said...

Good luck, Steph! After 6 months of 2 diapered children (and budget strain), I pushed Sydney into potty training. Luckily, she was ready. I am dreading starting it all over again next year...