Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just DON'T Do It

DO NOT attempt to try on clothing at Target (yup, that's right, I'm a big spender), with two young children accompanying you to the fitting room. Master attempted to open the door, crawl under the door, and eat the plastic card indicating the number of garments taken into the room. Miss loudly exclaimed her approval or disapproval of the dresses I was trying on, much to the entertainment of the other patrons in neighboring fitting rooms. ("Oooooo, you *must* buy it. You could dance all night with the PRINCE in that dress! You must, you must!!")

Master then topped off the whole experience by pointing at me and laughing hysterically when I had my clothes off. Not good for the pregnant woman's self esteem.

I think I'll attempt to recover by making a snack . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you had me lauging with that one!! The joys of motherhood.=)

Faith

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely hilarious! Lelia loves looking under the door an doesn't understand why she can't open the door when mommy is naked. :) I am right there with you on that one. :)

Anonymous said...

I can always count on a good laugh from you, Mrs. Peanut. Thank you for sharing candidly from your life -- it makes me feel like maybe our family is "normal" after all. :)

J. Folken said...

And this is exactly why I feel that I still need to do shopping for myself when I am ALONE! I have taken Sydney and Isaiah into both Kohl's and Old Navy dressing rooms, but Isaiah is strapped into a stroller and we always have to use the handicapped one to have enough room. Sydney is so anxious to open the door (since she knows how), that she always wants to jump the gun and do it when I am only half dressed.